Friday

Recycling.....we do it more than we think!

I was pondering the whole recycling thing I do.  Of course, I toss in the green bucket just like everyone else, but I started thinking out-of-the-box a bit......where else do we recycle (on an unconscious level?)...well for one, think about remodeling.  Instead of "dumping" your house, what do you do?  You fix it!  Re-paint, re-carpet, re-plumb, re-roof.......re-whatever you can. 
I've been through a couple of remodels......goodness!  That will try your patience on a whole other level. 
 
Where else?  Zoey gets 3 or 4 new toys a day....they are called water bottles!  Here's a look inside her basket of toys.  Note:  the basket was purchased at a garage sale for 50 cents.  Good thing I didn't buy it new because she promptly chewed the sides of it!
Yes, that's right.....water bottles and a fabric softener bottle (almost chewed to death).  Of course, I washed it out thoroughly.  She seems to love that big bottle and it's soothing her need to chew. 
 
Do you know what this is? 
It's the local McDonalds in Lake Forest, Illinois.  Hard to believe, huh? 
I love that the city preserved this building and that McDonald's moved in.  When my children were little we called this the fancy or rich McDonalds.  They have a fireplace inside and play classical music!  Such a proper way to eat McNuggets. :)
 
Here's one.....Zoey on my estate sale find!  I love, love, love this chair.  It's velvet and such a pretty color! 
 

Technically, Zoey is recycled too!

These are going to Half Price Books - I love recycling there!  It's nice to find a new book or two or grab the cash and go!

 
 
Here's some random photography- it's garbage, but could well be art in some circles!
Don't forget to recycle!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment