Tuesday

Cracking things up!

I tried my hand at mosaics for the first time.  I've always loved the shabby chic look and decided to take a crack at it.  This was my weapon of destruction ...
.
This is what I chose to destroy...

Well yes...that and another pretty plate.
I took the top of a can (I have one of those nifty electric can openers that removes the top safely (thank you, Sophie!)

And I smeared the "glue".....ur...Ceramic Tile Adhesive
Then placed the broken plates in an artful arrangement...and glued it down...let it dry for 24 then grouted it...
Creating.....this!

This is for a candle - It's not the most delicate - too much grout -
but I do like it!  It has a rustic, clumsy quality to it that says...I am home made!  :)
It's also completely recycled with the exception
of the glue and grout!


No comments:

Post a Comment